Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tantrums and illness

Ethan is measuring 92cm on his new height chart (thanks Nana Bell). Unfortunately the chart got ripped off the wall yesterday during one of his tantrums. It's redeemable I think.

We have had a tough few days here as Immy has been sick. She has got a touch of Bronchitis, an ear infection and a nasty cough and cold. She has been sharing my bed since Friday night. We did have a night out together in the sleepout to give Ian some peace on Friday night. I got some antibiotics from the doc yesterday so hopefully they will begin to kick in soon. She has been fairly happy in herself during the day but just wants to be held the whole time. She's not napping well either so is totally exhausted. Ethan has had a bit of a cold too so has been having some extra naps.

Meanwhile Ian is trying to make progress with his shed between rain storms.

We have had a good week of parcel deliveries. More clothes and gifts from Mim and Grandpa and 4 parcels from Nana Bell with more of my old lego and bath Fisher Price toys in them. This time it was cranes, an all important helicpoter and boats for the bath.

It's great to hand down all the old toys. I was thinking that I should make more of an effort to hold some back for birthdays and Christmas. Ethan has got so many treats throughout the year this year (what with Imogen's birth, grandparents visiting, being successful at toilet training etc etc) that I don't think Birthday and Christmas presents will be particularly special. I'll have to have a treat embargo until then.

No comments: