until we go on holiday! We are off to Portugal next week. In fact Ian goes out on Sunday on business and I will join him on the Wednesday. Really looking forward to that. I definitely need a week of afternoon naps and lie-ins. I am hoping the weather will be mild enough for lots of walks on the beach. We are going to the eastern Algarve which is supposed to be fairly unspoilt.
The last couple of weeks have felt like a real time of consolidating our plans for the future and making progress on stuff that we have been doing in Bristol. Church has just been great! God is doing some amazing stuff in people's lives and it has been amazing to be a part of that. I can't wait to see what is going to happen over the coming months.
Our "neverending project" is coming to an end. I spent last weekend painting the foyer - the last vault - and Ian has almost finished putting the floor down. We still need things like doors on all the rooms, a shower and a window - but we are getting there! No more concrete floors and bare walls.
I am hoping to spend some time during our time away praying about the big picture of what God has in store for us. It may be that we will be following in the footsteps of so many Bristol Vineyarders and heading to New Zealand for a while (perhaps a long while...). We are pretty sure God is preparing us to move on - we're just not sure where to yet. We are trying this door and have gone through the first stages of the Visa application. All being well we may receive an invitation to apply for residency in about 4 - 5mths. God's will be done!
Oh, the other thing happening this week is that women's conference i mentioned a while ago. It's happening in London on Friday/Saturday. I'm quite apprenhensive about that but hopeful that God has something great in store for me to give away or receive.
No comments:
Post a Comment