Saturday, August 27, 2011

Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand

I completed my law exams back in February and got the results in April but it was only yesterday when I was finally admitted to the Bar here as a barister and solicitor. I get to be both here as the professions are fused. It takes a lot of paperwork and references to prove that you are a "fit and proper person" to be admitted.


Outside the High Court in Auckland.


The court room before the ceremony.


Photos shoot with the judge.


My biggest fan.

We then had a lovely lunch with my work colleagues and rounded off the evening with the Cambridge Society of Auckland Annual Dinner. WOuldn't you know it though - Ian knew more people at that event than I did! I was surprised how much I enjoyed hanging out with Cambridge folk again. Quite a special shared experience.



3 comments:

Liz and Frank said...

CONGRATULATIONS SARAH, great photos, how proud you must be, and of course your whole family in NZ and Ireland. The one's in OZ think it is great too.
Again a super achievement.
Love
Dad and Liz
xxxxx

Kevin and Margaret said...

So proud of you Sarah - such hard work, but well worth it! Also very proud of Ian and the little ones for supporting you through all the tough times - it's not been easy for any of you.
Love all the updates and photos....love to you all
GUK and GAM

marts said...

Congrats Sarah! Love the wig by the way...