Daniel recovered very quickly from his surgery and has been a much happier little boy since he started a course of drugs for reflux. We are even beginning to settle into the semblance of a routine. Terms starts again tomorrow however so back into Kindy run,swimming lessons, soccer and playgroups.
The holidays have been great. We had nearly a full week of glorious sunshine. It has been especially good hanging out with ethan a bit more as he hasn't been going to kindy.
Since Daniel's hernias were diagnosed we discovered that ethan has something similar - a smaller hole that allows fluid to escape through the lining of his abdomen. He will have to have a similar operation to repair the hole. It is schedule for 4th August. He is a bit scared as he understands a little bit about what happened to Daniel and he knows it involved being cut open!
Doctors appointments continue for Daniel too as he still has mild dilation of his kidneys so we will be off to the urology unit with him soon.
Not unexpectedly I guess Ian and I are feeling in a fairly constant state of sleep deprivation - Daniel does OK but the big kids, well Immy, get us up most nights too. Early to bed!
1 comment:
it's amazing from where parents find the energy!! Now I am a Grandad as well as a GUK I get dog tired just watching and/or listening to the kiddies!!
Post a Comment