Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas countdown

I am really looking forward to Christmas this year but can't help feeling that we have missed out on some of the fun of the run-up to Christmas simply by working too hard!

Today was a stressful day as our nanny Erin woke up with the tummy bug that the kids had last week. I had a court deadline to work to so had to go to the office. ian managed to do the Christmas food shopping and then brought the kids to the office where they were pretty good for a few hours as we plied them with cake, DVDs and sweets. Ian has a mountain of work to finish before Christmas as well but looks like we both might have to work some of christmas eve as well. Ah well....

We have however enjoyed Ethan's Christmas Kindy party. His class sang "We wish you a Merry Christmas" in english, mandarin, Samoan and maori. Very impressive! He is showing off his mandarin to everyone who will listen.

Immy had a bad bout of the tummy bug from thursday through to saturday night. she still hasn't got her appetite back and is living off peas in the pod and raspberries as far as i can tell.

So to all you family and friends around the world, once again no Christmas cards from us. I have grand plans to send nice thoughtful personalised New Year cards when things calm down momentarily between 25th Dec and 11th Jan when I go back to work. You never know, it could happen.

We have had some lovely sunny days here but a little bit of me still misses this:



My mum's house in Northern Ireland on Sunday.

2 comments:

Liz and Frank said...

Your Mum and Noel's place looks charming. Our friends in New Hampshire are also in for a delightful white Christmas this year. Our Christmas will be in the sun, eating seafood, and probably taking a dip in my cousin's pool to finish off the day. Enjoy your day, hope the kids enjoyed their "special" cards.
Love Liz and Dad xxxxx

Kelly said...

Hey Sarah and Ian,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a lot of work to get done, but I'm hoping you're all finished now and can relax.
There are so many bugs going around all over the place, we sypathise as we've been there aswell recently.
I love the photo, but I couldn't stay homesick when walking on a beautiful beach this afternoon.
Merry Christmas to you all,
Lots of love and blessings,
Kelly, Gareth, Jacob and Ollie xxxx