
We had a lovely weekend at home. Ian went off for some man-time and helped AT and Thomas knock down walls and break up concrete in their garden. I took the kids off to a 4th Birthday Party just around the corner. Fortunately there was plenty of bubbly for the adults so it was a very pleasant afternoon in the sun. After Church on Sunday we did a bit of gardening. The kids helped. Immy did a great job of collecting handfuls of dirt and putting them in the bucket. Ethan rode around on his motorbike and intermittently tried to pull up the plants.
Later that afternoon we went round to the Bundys to hang out with Phil and Jo who have been staying there. Ethan got to sit on the ride on lawn mower for a while and then spent the evening in front of DVDs while we had takeaways and Immy slept in the portacot. We even got to see a bit of the Bundys who arrived home from their weekend away just before we left to hot-tail it back home to see Grey's Anatomy.


I am still enjoying work and Ian is still doing a fine job at home. He has been in a permanent state of exhaustion since I went to work - through the stress of kids and the stress of making decisions about money and mortgages in the light of this global "economic downturn". As you can see from everything I've just written, we haven't let it get in the way of a having a good time.
I have been feeling particularly thankful to God for bring this job our way at just the right time - when we were really running out of cash. It is amazing how His provision comes along just when we really need it. I shall enjoy receiving my first pay cheque this week even though we have more than spent it already - our new heat pump arrives tomorrow! Yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment