Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Rugby

Well we had a good time at the rugby last night despite the score. I did support England even though New Zealand is my current adopted country while England is my former adopted home. I felt I had to support the underdogs on the grounds that my kids are half English. We were sitting in the terraces (the cheap seats). We had great fun until the Mexican Wave got going towards the end. Some of the Kiwis seem to think it is amusing to throw plastic beer bottles up in the air during the wave. Some of them were full bottles. We didn't get to watch much of the game from that point on as we had our arms over our heads so we made an early retreat. We were sitting with Phil and Jo and 5 week old baby Max so thought it best to get out while we could.

To continue the sporting theme, I am proud to report that our new football coach nominated me for player of the day in our match yesterday as i had shown the most improvement. I am getting a bit more confident now and enjoying running around. We had a really great game - drew 1:1 but had most of the play. Once again it was another warm sunny morning - more like summer league back home than a winter sport.

No comments: