It's been a lovely weekend here. Yesterday morning Ian had to work so Ethan and I took Dizz up to the Peninsula where we had coffee and a walk along the coast. It looks like there are some really nice coastal paths which are mostly tarmac so good for cycling. I may even be inspired to get into some more serious running eventually. It's will be a lot easier to get up the motivation there because it is very flat. Here in Titirangi it is hills any which way you go.
Ian and I had a night out last night. We went to Jo and Phil's for dinner in their lovely flat in Mission Bay. They have done an amazing job of renovating it. Our new 15 year old babysitter held the fort. Ethan didn't wake up though so easy gig for her.
Today Ian and Ethan have gone off to church. I fancied a morning to myself. Sometimes at church it is so much of a social whirl that I miss out on the whole point of it which is worshipping God and spending time resting in his presence. Running after Ethan makes that pretty impossible at times too. Recently I have got involved in organising a few church events so lots of people want to speak to me or get me to do stuff. I'm enjoying it all but it's good every so often to withdraw and remind myself what it's all about. So i had a lovely morning singing it up to Jesus in my living room, a bit of prayer and then lots of bouncing around like a maniac on my fitness ball. I did plan to go for a run (more of a walk really these days) but we had a few really violent rain storms, so i resorted to fitball and yoga. Now I'm expecting my neighbour to pop in for morning tea - an excuse to eat cake yum!
1 comment:
What a sensible girl you are. Space for God and yourself is very valuable.My years of Church Warden left me very little time to just 'be' at church. I seemend to be at everyones beck and call before ,after and during the services.It can be very frustrating. The vicar had to make a point to people that Sunday Service was not the time for church business and to allow myself and the administrator to worship and fellowship without hindrance ! It worked. I trust Ethan managed to fit in some drum practice with his Dad.
Post a Comment