Well we arrived safely and have been relaxing with Nana & Grandpa Price in Banbury since very early on Saturday morning. Ethan coped with the trip very well. He had just a couple of minor tanties when he couldn't get down because the seat-belt sign was on. Thank you to all you praying friends and godparents - he didn't have any pain in his ears on the flights. I have to say that I was disappointed by the level of service from the Qantas air crew. On one flight they were downright unhelpful verging on rude. On the longer flight a lovely northern irish steward in Business Class put together a meal for Ethan because he had slept through dinner. Heathrow Terminal 4 is not the best re-introduction to England but we have been enjoying some bright cold weather since then. There have been a few flurries of snow and hail and more is expected today. Quite a shock to the system.
We are gradually getting over our jet-lag. The first couple of nights we all wok up at about 3am and by 5am had to get up for an early breakfast before trying to go back to bed. This morning we made it through to 5am with only a couple of brief stirrings. Ethan was wide awake by 5 so we got up and took Ian off to get an early train to London where he has some business meetings today. Ethan and I were in Tescos by 6. Now he has gone back to bed and I'm trying to decide whether to have a sneaky kip or try and make it through the day without going back to bed. I'm hoping to head off for some shopping later this morning. Yesterday we took Ethan for his first pair of properly fitted shoes - Clarks of course!
It is very strange and normal at the same time to be back here. Driving a manual car again has been a challenge. I'm already enjoying the variety of shopping available in supermarkets and clothes shops. I was a little overwhelmed by the Saturday afternoon Sainsburys shoppers. I don't think I've been in one place with so many people all year! One thing that I have noticed that people (particularly shop assistants) don't smile as much unless you give them a very good reason to.
We're off to Sheffield on Wednesday then Bristol on Friday and Northern Ireland on Monday.
3 comments:
Hi Sarah - I'm in belfast sun - tues - maybe bump into you on the belmont road?! Do get in touch when you're in Bristol. Sheffield???
Estelle xxx
hi guys - give us a call when you're back in Bristol...
Ben & Claire
Hi Guys, We are missing you here in Auckland - hope you are enjoying your trip. See you soon.
Dizz & James
Post a Comment