I haven't really got the energy for a lengthy post about this wonderful city and the great people whom i have met here. Ian and I are well and truly in the relaxed holiday frame of mind now. We are staying with Bill and Trish in West Beach, Adelaide. The beach is a short walk away. Today we walked from here along to Glenelg and back. Unfortunately the weather has been a bit unsettled due to the two cyclones that have hit the north of the country. It is a bit cooler (a mere 20 degrees C) and there have been a few showers.
We went to Ian's old church on Sunday. They are teaching on generosity at the moment just like our church back home! The main thing i picked up from this week's sermon was that God intends us to be custodians rather than consumers. Not new news I know, but the whole concept of consumerism is very obvious here in Australia where everyone seems to have a very deluxe lifestyle. The speaker commented that it is not the cost of living that has increased but the cost of the lifestyles which we choose to follow.
I have jsut dipped into the Bristol blogs again for the first time in ages. I will have to come back again soon as there have been some great conversations going on. For now, on with the holiday. We enjoyed a day at Mcclaren Vale vineyards. This week we are off to Barossa and Clare. We managed to wangle a free bottle of wine at Criole winery in McClaren Vale as they had to move our table in the middle of lunch. Hoping for a repeat of that good fortune further north.
No comments:
Post a Comment