Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Welcoming arms

A few weeks ago at WBS, someone had a word for me about there being people in New Zealand waiting to welcome me with open arms. I have always been encouraged by the fact that our good friends Dizz and James will be there to put us up when we first arrive and our other Bristol friends Simon and Shirley, but since getting that word i have been hearing about more and more people already in NZ. Dizz has got friendly with a girl that i used to play hockey with at Uni. She wasn't a Christian then (and neither was I to all intents and purposes). It will be great to get to know her again. I have also been getting to know the sister of a friend via e-mail. She has been living in Auckland for a few years now and it turns out that she is great friends with Shirley. There have been a few other random connections that i can't wait to follow up.

Meanwhile, Ethan will experience his first flight tomorrow when we fly to Belfast. We have a week to do the rounds of the NI family. I am looking forward to spending some time with my brother and his family in particular as i haven't seen them since last June. I hope the 45 minute hop across the pond doesn't put me off braving 24 hours of travel with Ethan in 4 weeks and 5 days time!

No comments: