Friday, October 07, 2005

Finishing work

Maternity leave has kind of snuck up on me. I don't officially start until my due date which is 1st November, however that is just because I have paid my contributions to Chambers for the month of October so that I can do a bit of work in the first couple of weeks. I had my last court appearance on Tuesday. I was expecting to do some bits and pieces of paperwork over the next few days but nothing else very strenuous, but I have now been booked for a mediation next week.

I trained as a mediator last year but it didn't really get off the ground and I didn't invest much time or effort in plugging it once I became pregnant and plans for New Zealand crystallized. Despite my marked lack of effort I did pray that I would manage to get at least one in before I go to New Zealand as I would like to do more mediations and mediation training when I get back into work. And God is faithful, on my penultimate day of work! I had initially said I couldn't do it as the parties wanted it at the end of the month but now they have re-jigged all their arrangements to fit it in before I go.

As my due date approaches, i am trying to trust God more and more for the timing of everything. With various family issues and traumas flying around things could get sticky! I know God has been in control of this whole thing since before conception, so why should i be anxious now? mothers, mothers-in-law, estranged fathers and sons, separated and divorced spouses - what's the worst that could happen?! I'm pretty sure our little baby is a peace-maker and God will work all things together for good. Lots of prayer would still be most appreciated.

No comments: