Friday, September 30, 2005

It's been ages, i know. We had a lovely and relaxing August. Fairly quiet but plenty of time for sorting out bits and pieces in the garden. I had to cope with some frustration at not being able to do as much physically as i would have liked to. Since then, September has been manic and has passed in a blur. It is amazing how quickly our diaries can fill up with something happening nearly every night.

We had a great party for Ian's Birthday. I managed to round up quite a few of his mates that he doesn't see so often in addition to all the lovely folk we see most weeks. It was a surprise party and the surprise went down pretty well after a slight hiccup and argument the night before. Now that we have that out of the way, we are continuing the prep to get the flat ready to rent. The den is about to become a fourth bedroom. I'm not 100% sure about doing that now because we have not had the flat as we want it for long and i love having the extra reception room. But given that babe is due in less than 5 weeks and we depart in less than 6 months, i have given in to Ian's logic that is is better to do as much as possible now. We will just have to lie on the bed to watch our projector in the den.

I am trying not to get obsessive about babies in the countdown but it is pretty tricky. Especially as i have loved going to every class under the sun including Active Birth & Yoga, Fitness Ball and the NCT (National Childbirth Trust) classes with Ian. I think he has enjoyed those classes more than he expected to. It is a great opportunity to meet people and we seem to have a really good bunch.

I am planning to stop work next week. I am finding it hard to stop because I'm not coming back and I've been working with these people for 7 years! I have a trial on Tuesday and it's hard to believe that that could be my last ever court appearance if I do pick up something else in NZ.

No comments: