Monday, May 16, 2005

re-organising

We spent the weekend working on the flat and farden - as usual! However, Ian's list of to-do jobs has slowly been whittled down to about 2. Quite amazing. We are just about ready for the building regs man to come and give us the certificate we need to show we have completed all the conversions legally and safely. I have been reflecting on how grateful I am to God for what he has given us in this home. A friend from work popped in to visit last week and was really complimentary about it. Emma occasionally brings some Swedish friends home too and they all seem to love it for some reason!

I feel as if we have started some of the preparations for NZ as well. Very early I know, but I am not going to be good for much major work by the end of the summer and we don't want to have to do it all with a new baby. We have converted our office into a single bedroom. I wanted to do it now as my brother and his family and my dad are visiting in June and we would be a bed short otherwise. It looks really cute. We bought a second-hand single bed for a somg on Gloucester Rd. Relocating the bookcases has actually made the lounge look more homely rather than more crowded. Ian is understandably a bit put out as he now has nowhere to work. i have suggested the shed. Too far from the kettle.

By the way, on the subject of my brother visiting, does anyone have a car seat suitable for a two-year- old that i could borrow from the 17th to 24th June? She is still abit too small for a booster seat although if you have one of those that's better than nothing.

I think yesterday was a pretty significant day at church for many people. The enemy certainly seemed to think so. Emma and her friends were en route to pick up a homeless Christian girl whom they have befriended in order to bring her to church. Unfortunately they had a minor car accident, when a motorcyclist crashed into them as they tried to do a U-turn. The police and ambulance had to be called. They did all make it to church eventually but missed worship. Ian also had an experience of praying for someone and them all sensing that they very definitely had the wrong kind of company! Battle lines have been drawn on that one!

2 comments:

angela said...

I think your right about sunday. I think the enemy was not happy!. talking of brothers i wonder if you brought that bed from my brother as he has a shop selling stuff like that on the glos rd

Sarah Wroe said...

is your brother polish and married to a russian? if so yes, i think we did! This shop is actually just by the Arches and is strictly speaking on Cheltenham Rd. Will have to let me know where you brother's is though.