Not much has happened since last week's news. I have been really quiet at work. I think because I had marked the first two days of this week as holiday for ages. The reason being that it was our second wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Actually I say nothing has been happening, but we did stay at the Royal Marriott Hotel on Monday night as Ian was being out up there for a two day business conference at which he had to give a presentation. He got to stress over his presentation whil I got to lounge in the pool, work out at the gym and generally lie around. Enjoyed about three visits to the breakfast buffet on tuesday before walking two minutes across the road to work. As my brother would say - "We're so rare!"
Apart from that I have been getting into pregnancy type fitness. I had my first Pilates class last night and hope to be starting a Fitness Class with Agility Ball this weekend. Not quite my scene but I'm sure it's good for me. I would much rather be chasing things/people and hitting them (the things that is of course). Have been feeling frustrated that I can't push myself physically anymore without getting light-headed. I seem to be over the tiredness for the time being but have been suffering a bit with headaches this week.
I'm teaching at House Group tonight on the life of Solomon. I have found his life really interesting. I tend to think of Samson as the OT character who blew his call because of weaknesses (women) but Solomon also blew it in many ways - because of women. As we know, God's grace did not depend on their success any more than it depends on ours. The story of Solomon is a reminder of the unconditional love of God and his unconditional covenants as much as his conditional covenants which depended on obedience. Perhaps that sounds cryptic. I will blog some more about it if God speaks to me about anything in particular in teaching tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment