I have been a bit reluctant to look at my blog recently since i posted my scary moment. I keep thinking, what an arrogant thought that I should think God might use us in such a huge way. I know that God's strength is in our weakness and if we felt "capable" we would probably be doing it in our own strength which would be completely wrong. It's one thing to think I'm not sorted enough in the realm of spending time with God and surrendering to God to "qualify" as a House Group leader. Surely there must be a lot more work to be done in us before taking on a bigger challenge?
We shall see. It is encouraging that we are beginning to feel more specific direction about New Zealand.
As far as the practicalities are concerned, we had been told that there are more than a 1000 applicants in a queue waiting to have their applications assessed. the likelihood would be that we would not hear about the outcome for another 2 to 4 months. The Immigration people rang Ian today to set up an interview by telephone which they would use to assess whether it seems likely that he would be able to find a job. In true Ian style he suggested they do it then and there - and they did! The interviewer said she would call back by the end of the week to let us know whether it will be a full residency visa (no strings) or a work to residency visa (we would have 2 years for one of us to find and job and once we did we would have to put in more paperwork to upgrade to residency). She also said it was likely to be residency!
Do you get the feeling someone else might be in control of this thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment