Thursday, February 10, 2005

Being grumpy

I had been grumpy for about four days until I got fed up with myself yesterday afternoon and took the afternoon off. No idea why I have been so fed-up. I did wonder whether it was the aftermath of burglar's visit, but could just simply be that I am a work-in-progress and it's february in England.

I enlisted Ian's help to cheer me up. It wasn't quite the kind of afternoon i had in mind but ended up being really nice. We took a friend's car to Bedminster to have it valeted. We are selling it for them (anyone want a Jeep Cherokee - 95,000 miles - leather interior? - see autotrader for details). We had an hour to kill in Bedminster while it was being done. We found a nice little Polish cafe and had yummy pancakes with cinnamon sugar and vanilla syrup. It was Pancake Tuesday after all.

I was treated to even more pancakes after hockey training as we were invited round to some friends for a pancake smorgusboard. Some people hadn't turned up to the party as there are a few bugs going around. Ian bless him picked me up from hockey at 9.30 with hot pancakes wrapped in tin foil. We then went to the party to help them finish the rest off.

These friends are from house group but go to Christ Church. What I am loving about our house group is that 3 churches are represented. I am also really looking forward to Traci and Rob coming this week to let us know what has been happening in Italy.

No comments: