Friday, December 17, 2004

Carols at lunchtime

I went to a Carol Service at a beautiful church building in the city centre this lunch time with Ian and a couple of colleagues from work. We met some other lawyers there from one of the local firms. It is a beautiful building and the choir were great. I confess I can't help feeling a little bit disappointed and frustrated when the whole thing feels a bit Spirit-less. we could hear the women counting their "donations" at the back of the Church during the service! Still, it has brought up opportunities for conversations with people who came along and those who didn't.

Back at work I am really struggling to be productive. My diary is fairly empty in the run-up to Christmas but I do have some paperwork to do. I better get on with on.

Last distraction - tonight at house group we are going to share things from the past year for which we are thankful to God. For me, in no particular order:
  • the wonderful home that God has given us and which has taken shape
  • a romantic, attentive husband
  • friendships in bristol that have grown even though some friends have moved on
  • our Church community
  • my work - which is challenging, interesting and flexible
  • my first appearance in the Court of Appeal
  • training as a Mediator
  • Ian is enjoying his job more
  • having a lodger - Emma
  • holidays - ski-ing and Portugal
  • family - near and far
  • food
  • cooking
  • baking
  • playing hockey
  • house group
  • my parents are still talking to each other and Dad seems to be doing better

Many more things that I have forgotten....


No comments: