Saturday, March 27, 2010

Big Day tomorrow

Tomorrow I will be 39 weeks pregnant. I am being induced in the morning as a scan yesterday showed that the baby has not been growing normally. Growth seems to have stalled although the baby is still active with a healthy heart rate. The specialists advice that it is best to get him/her out rather than wait for much longer.

The scan also showed that the baby's kidneys which had been identified as having a potential blockage are showing up as holding more liquid than at the last scan about 6 weeks ago. The doctors will monitor this from birth rather than waiting until the baby is about 5 days old to scan it as had been the plan.

I am excited one minute then a bit anxious the next - not too keen on the whole inducement thing. At least we have been able to be really organised and the kids are looking forward to a full day and night at their good friends' house just down the road.

All being well we should have some news by tomorrow night - i am hoping it won't drag into monday at any rate!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope all goes well for you Sarah. I'll be praying for a great birth for you and a healthy baby that has no problems with his/her kidneys. I can't wait for the good news. Lots of love and blessings to you and your beautiful family.
Kelly, Gareth, Jacob and Oliver xxxx

Victoria Pattison said...

Good luck darling - thinking of you all. Here's to a quick delivery and a healthy Wroe 3! Love the Pattisons

Marion & Eddie said...

Our prayers are with you for a short labour and a healthy baby for us to cuddle in 10 days time. The news can't come fast enough. XX
Love and hugs, Marion & Eddie xx

Marion & Eddie said...

My first comment got lost so here we go again. Love and prayers for you all, make it short Sarah, can't wait.
Loads of love
Marion & Eddie