Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cornwallis

Christmas Day and BOxing Day were absolute scorchers! And before all you lot in the northern hemisphere pull out the violins, I have to say that is does take the gloss off Christmas a bit for me. I insist on having the roast dinner but it isn't quite the same in the heat. I think we will have to save the roast turkey for our mid-winter CHristmas dinners and go for the more Kiwi christmas of barbecued seafood, cold cuts and salads next year.

Today was bit more cloudy so we headed to the beach. One of our favourites - Cornwallis. It looks beautiful this time of year with the Pohutakawas in bloom.




We are still struggling to convince Ethan to go in the sea. He is happy crab hunting on the beach. Cornwallis has ripples rather than waves but he still finds it scarey. Immy on the other hand is straight in there.

1 comment:

Marion said...

Loved all your Christmas news and photos. The playhouse looks splendid too.Couldn't get through earlier as internet too clogged ! We are winding up to New Year now, David and co are off to a Winter camp, best of luck I say as 18inches of snow fell on them on Christmas Eve ! Enjoy your hols and relax as much as you can guys. Love and hugs Mum & Eddie xxx