
I managed to sort the camera out - it was a problem with the card rather than the camera. I had to take a photo of Imogen today to send to my friend in Scotland who sent us the cute little outfit she is wearing. Ian thinks that it is hilarious that she wears more skirts than I do. I do point out that she doesn't have to have a pair of shoes to go with every skirt she wears. I always find shoes are the limiting factor. I have however invested in a pair of boots for this winter so I think it is time for more skirts.

Also worth a photo was our deck as it looked this morning. Ethan and his little mates were riding up and down the deack last night on his scooter, motorcycle and tractor. When they knocked over the bucket of chalk they just kept riding as it was even more fun to watch it being crushed into the deck. The colourful finish has now been washed a way by a bit of rain this afternoon.
Ian has been busy painting the sleepout. It is only about 5 weeks until my mum gets here and quite a lot of work to do to finish it off for her. The painting is done apart from the skirting boards, then it is electrics, floor and curtains. Curtains will be my job so another new skill to learn.
Tomorrow I am looking forward to catching up with my little group of mates from playgroup. One of our number fell last week and broke her hand. She has a little girl who is about a week younger than Immy and a 20 mth old. Not the best timing. The girls decided that we should take playgroup to them tomorrow so they don't go stir crazy stuck at home. They also suggested taking food to stock her freezer as she can't cook. There is also talk of sorting out a way of cleaning her house for her. I think it's all great as it is the sort of thing that I am used to seeing among our church. It is also much more the norm here than in the UK. Providing meals or help for people who have had babies or who are sick is much more part of the culture here than in the UK. It's one of the things I like about it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment