Ian was called upon in Church this morning to pay tribute to his mum to mark Mother's Day. This is some of what he said:
"I love my mum. She put in the hard yards raising me and my brother on her own and poured herself out for us. She lived a very sacrificial life for us. It took great courage for her to live the life of a single parent - to feel the pain and do it anyway. She showed unfailing, enduring love. She always told us that she loved us and continues to tell us that, even as grown men. She showed boundless enthusiasm. She would sweep my brother and I up in even the most mundane of tasks with great enthusiasm and excitement. She also taught me how to fix bikes and use tools and I love all that stuff. "
So from both of us Marion, thanks for doing such a great job with your boys. We love you and we think you are as wonderful a nana as you are a mum.
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day to to you Sarah. Well done Ian for giving her a day of relaxation. Your blogg about me was very humbling, thankyou. I know now that God was looking after us even though I didn't acknowledge it for a few years. His grace and mercy are boundless. We are having a lovely Summer todate, a bit early. but then I can't complain if it gets chilly again having had one Summer in NZ! The garden is looking very pretty in it's spring clothes and I can't stay out of it. Take care all of you and Godbless. Love Mum & Eddie xx
Post a Comment