Saturday, February 03, 2007

our day today

This morning I successfully completed the NZ Theory Driving Test so I should get my NZ Licence in the post soon. Their Highway Code is pretty similar to ours apart from some wierd exceptions and extra rules which I won't go into. We then had our neighbours Andy and Ilona and kids round for morning coffee. I baked scones for the first time ever! They were flat and fairly crisp and burnt round the edges but fairly edible. After a family afternoon nap we all went for a jog then lazed around the garden.
Walking around the garden eating stones - almost as much fun as driving cars

I'm a bit red in the face because i've just been for a run, and Ethan is blurry eyed because he still has conjunctivitis!


Ian is back in training



Ian and I took Ethan out for a jog. We went to the park. He was very happy as he got to play with a Springer Spaniel puppy and a very docile Cocker Spaniel.




Ethan loves his new (old) Mountain Buggy almost as much as I do!





Playing with the winch for the clothes line














Lying around in the garden
Even though we don't have a TV we seem to have a telly addict on our hands. We have just introduced him to The Wiggles on DVD. He likes nothing better than to watch it at the end of the day with milk dribbling down his chin. We tried to fob him off tonight with the Wombles but he only watched that for a few minutes before standing on the sofa and pointing at the very conspicuous yellow Wiggles DVD case and shouting Wah Wah Wah Wah Wa until we put it on. I can't say I am a Wiggles fan yet but I don't blame him for his choice. The Wombles seems to have had the dialogue re-recorded to make it politically correct. Shocking!
Tomorrow night we are off to Ascension Vineyard to see Bic Runga in concert. Her sister Boh is the support act.

No comments: