Yesterday was a great day! In the morning we all headed off to Auckland Zoo. What a fabulous place! They have lions and tigers and cheetahs and a great big enclosure with giraffes, zebras and ostriches. We have joined for the year and I can't wait to go back. We didn't see the penguins or seals on this trip. They did have a famous otter in the zoo. He managed to escape by burrowing his way out of his enclosure. They caught him eventually but he had had his taste of the wild and wouldn't settle. They had to send him to another zoo.
Last night Ian and I had a night out on the town. Bath University was hosting an alumni event in the city. The Vice-Chancellor was in town. We caught up with one of Ian's mates from his MBA course and got chatting to quite a few other people, some of whom we will make a real effort to stay in touch with. I usually hate those sort of networking events but I got to wear a dress and drink free wine so all in all a good night.
It was thr first night we had left Ethan to be put to bed by a sitter. He was quite happy and went to bed well but woke up after an hour and wouldn't settle back down. That was him for the night basically. He was up every hour. I don't know what's wrong with him. The night before he was up every two hours. He seems quite happy during the day and is pottering around quite happily at the moment. It's just Ian and I who are wrecked.
No comments:
Post a Comment