Saturday, September 16, 2006

Birthdays

Today was Ian's birthday. Ian likes surprises so I had arranged for some friends to come round for lunch. I had to confess on Friday night that something was happening but I managed to convince him that it would just be a load of people from Playgroup whom he didn't know as his mates were all busy. In fact we had a lovely day with the Pastiroffs, Ange and Rick and boys and Ian Harrison (Ian's best mate from shcool) and his son. All the kids played together really well which was great while we stuffed ourselves with roast chicken and cake. I will post some pictures of the cake soon. I made him a submarine cake because he has been hankering after one since he was a kid.

I'm glad the day is over as I have been scheming for about the past two weeks. I bought him an iPod and have been sneaking around uploading music, photos and talks on to it. I also had to sneak around baking, icing and hiding the cake.

Tomorrow we are leading our second ministry training evening at West Vineyard. The first one seemed to go well. The dinner we laid on the other week was a success as well. We had a lot of people in from the caravan park including some leaders of the local gangs. We played a Nooma DVD and Cindy shared with them what a difference it can make to your life to allow God in.

We look forward to Martin coming to stay with us for a few days on Monday. I haven't broken the news to him yet that he will be on an air bed (sorry Marts!) unless we buy a bed in the next two days. Unlikely as we spent this months allowance on some very nice outdorr furniture that Ian thinks is too nice to put outside.

The only other achievement of the week is that I have entered a short story competition. I will let you know if I am the proud winner of $500 and a night in the Lincoln Green Motel!

No comments: