Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I had a great evening last night at the Women's Bible Study. We were discussing "hearing from God". It was really encouraging to hear about the different ways in which God speaks to different people. It was also clear that He will certainly make Himself heard when necessary, even if we are trying to avoid hearing from Him.

It was wonderful to receive prayer about our upcoming move to New Zealand. We are all set to go in the middle of March but a couple of big things still have to be sorted out. Mainly a job for Ian and tenants for our flat (any takers? 4 beds in Clifton?). I know it is all in God's hands and this whole adventure will be a lesson in trust.

Meanwhile I am learning more about myself through motherhood and slowing getting to know my little man who is now 10 weeks old and very cute. I still can't manage to post a photo!

Being at home full-time is a strange mix of trying to get something constructive done in the short periods of time when Ethan doesn't need any attention and trying to keep myself and him amused. I sense that it could be a great opportunity to develop my prayer life, or my sweet tooth (lots of coffees and lunches with new mums). Perhaps there is room for both. For now we are just praising God for a baby who loves to sleep from 7 - 7, we just wake him briefly for a feed at 10.30pm and he goes straight back down. Long may it continue.

1 comment:

Sarah Wroe said...

good prayer - more of that please