I have blogged before about my slight phobia of the "girls together" forms of worship and ministry. I hope I have also got across the fact that I am learning how this is indicative of failings in me rather than (for the most part) the godly women's ministries around the world. My previous experiences of forums that tend to feed gossip and self-deprecation are I'm glad to say very far from my recent experiences.
On Monday night I went to BV's first Women's Bible Study night. I was heartened to hear that the vision for this will include dispelling misconceptions about bible study as a dry and boring exercise and misconceptions about women's ministry. I am suspicious that God is preparing me for a service in this area and is changing my heart as part of that. Watch this space.
Meanwhile, I look forward to a relaxing Easter. I am trying to finish a skeleton argument before I knock off today (obviously not trying too hard as I am blogging instead). The weekend will probably involve a lot of chocolate and a smattering of gardening.
Oh, the other big news is that we lodged our NZ application yesterday! It's out of our hands now - we may have to wait a couple of months to hear if we have got the VISA.
No comments:
Post a Comment